The Colorado Music Festival seeks an Assistant House Manager for the 2019 season. Assistant House Manager reports to House Manager and Production Manager.
As Assistant House Manager, you will assist the House Manager and be responsible for ensuring Front of House needs of the 2019 Colorado Music Festival, ensuring the smooth and safe presentation of all events.
Along with other members of the Front of House Team, your duties will include:
- Consistently and efficiently meet the needs of the patrons and guests of Colorado Music Festival.
- Rental and acquisition of all Front of House equipment necessary for the presentation of concerts and open rehearsals, as deemed appropriate
- Set up for all festival events as needed, including load in, rehearsals, concerts, and additional events; strike as required to accommodate other uses of the venue (Chautauqua Auditorium or off site)
- Ensure that all audience and house infrastructure needs are met for rehearsals and performances.
- Help deliver apartment supplies at the start of the festival, and collecting same in August, as needed
- Front of House equipment transportation and set up for all run out concerts
- Ensure that any Front of House documentation and archival needs are met and maintained.
- Provide support, as needed, for festival related events including pre-concert talks, classes and workshops, etc.
- Communicate any issues that may arise during the concert or festival with House Manager and Production Manager.
- Act as primary Front of House contact for open rehearsals or concerts where House Manager is not present, communicating changes and new information to House Manager in a timely manner.
- Appropriate communication with production staff to ensure the smooth and successful operations of the event.
- Other duties as assigned or apparent
- Reliable Transportation
- Professional and respectful attitude towards musicians and CMF staff
- Ability to produce quality work with little direction and make conscientious decisions with the betterment of the show and organization in mind
- Willingness to take on responsibilities or put personal status aside for the success of the concert
- Ability to repeatedly lift 25lbs and work on your feet for long periods of time
- Previous experience in House Management
- Bachelor’s Degree (completed or in-progress) in an arts related field (arts management, theater, music, film, dance, etc.)
Please send cover letters and resumes to Emily Burst, Production Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.