Concerto of choice, Exposition
Strauss: Don Quixote;
- 3 measures after  to 2 measures before 
- Variation III.  to 2 measures before 
Vaughn Williams: Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis;
- 5 measures before Letter O to Letter P
Berlioz: Roman Carnival Overture; mm. 36 – 66
Mendelssohn: Scherzo from Midsummer Night’s Dream;
- beginning through Letter D
Mozart : Symphony No. 35;
- Movement I, mm. 41 – 66
- Movement IV, mm. 134 – 181
COLORADO MUSIC FESTIVAL
APPLICATION AND VIDEO FORMAT
**Please note: you must be able to obtain your own work visa if you do not have U.S. Citizenship. CMF is not able to help in this process.
1. NOVEMBER 20TH: To apply, please send a current one-page resume with performance experience and dates to email@example.com. Three years of professional experience, or the equivalent are required for these positions. (If applying without requisite experience, please submit a letter of explanation and references; you will be notified if your resume is accepted). Once we have received your resume, you will receive a confirmation that you will be added to the audition list. Resume applications will be accepted through NOVEMBER 20, 2019.
2. DECEMBER 1ST: Upload the audition video to Youtube and send the link to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also send an additional upgraded audio recording in this email if you so choose. Recordings are due by DECEMBER 1, 2019.
- The link can be unlisted, but should NOT BE PRIVATE (members of the committee will need to access this, possibly multiple times.)
- Audition recording should be submitted as an unedited, SINGLE TAKE video. The goal is to have a recording that is most closely representative of playing a live audition. Please perform the excerpts in the order listed above.
- Recordings should preferably be in the following uncompressed (16bit) formats: wav., flac or alac. mp3 format is not preferable because of compression, but works if that’s all that is possible. If you record the video, but are concerned with quality of the audio recording, you may also send a separate audio file that is higher quality (but is the same take and can be synced with the video.) This is at your discretion.
- Please do not include any resume material on your video.
3. Please be in touch at email@example.com with any questions about repertoire or procedures. Thank you for your interest in CMF.