2024 Marketing & Communications Intern
This position works as an integral part of a three-person marketing and communications team, assisting with marketing, communications, and public relations tasks. The internship is suited for someone with a music background, social media marketing experience, and an interest in arts management.
- Brainstorm, implement, and create posts for CMF social media channels (Facebook and Instagram)
- Assist with concert marketing activities including installing and striking signage and liaising with box office and house management
- Help coordinate interviews and information for press
- Maintain weekly updates of ticket sales data and press mentions
- Distribute event posters, flyers, and other collateral
- Assist with community audience development efforts
- Assist with development, marketing, and community events
- Energetic, positive, and team-oriented attitude
- Self-starter with an eye for detail, the ability to work under pressure, and a willingness to assist with varied projects
- Deep understanding of and passion for social media marketing
- Exceptional writing and content-development skills
- Background and/or working knowledge of classical music is required
- Schedule flexibility is essential; evenings and weekends required during the summer Festival
- Background in (or currently studying) communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, arts management, and/or music
June 17-August 9, 2024
Our team follows a hybrid schedule for administrative tasks, working in-office one to two days a week and remotely for the rest. Although there is flexibility on when you work, our core administrative working hours are 10 am-2 pm. Our administrative office is located in Lafayette, Colorado.
During the Festival, travel to Chautauqua Auditorium and other locations in Boulder is required for both administrative work and concert and event support.
This is a half-time (20 hours per week) position at $15/hr. Benefits include paid sick time and free admission to all Colorado Music Festival 2024 season concerts.
Submit a resume, cover letter, and two references to email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted through March 31, 2024. No phone calls, please.
Statement on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Colorado Music Festival and Center for Musical Arts understands that music is innate and vital to all human beings. As a regional leader among cultural organizations, we recognize that music itself is a great equalizer, making it possible for anyone of any age or background to be inspired through exceptional performance and accomplished teaching.
We are committed to welcoming a diverse community of students, aspiring and amateur musicians, professional musicians, and renowned guest artists to the festival and the school. Access is a central value to our organization, and we strive to ensure that each person in our community has an equal opportunity to participate and thrive musically.
The Colorado Music Festival does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.
For more information on this, please visit our website.