If you are interested in 3 or more concerts, consider purchasing a subscription package. Find details on our Subscriptions page >
Youth & Student Tickets
The Festival is committed to making our experiences accessible to emerging audiences. Two of these ways we maintain that accessibility are through our low-cost tickets for Youth and Students.
Tickets are $10 for Youth (18 and under) and Students (any age with a valid student ID). This offer is valid for price level 2, price level 3, and general admission seating. Be sure to purchase these tickets early, as these seats sell quickly!
Youth and Student tickets can be purchased online or in person. Youth tickets are for use only by individuals aged 18 or under. Patrons holding a Student ticket may be asked to provide current student identification. Using Youth or Student tickets outside of these conditions is strictly prohibited and is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
(Are you interested in financially supporting these subsidized tickets for Youth & Students? Donations are always welcome!)
How to Purchase Tickets
- Online: Chautauqua Box Office
- Phone: 303-440-7666
- In-Person: At the Chautauqua Box Office (900 Baseline Road, Boulder, CO 80302) located just north of the Chautauqua Community House in cottage 200 from 12 pm–5 pm, Monday-Friday (in season).
Ticketing Policies, Terms and Conditions
Refunds and Exchanges
All sales are final; we do not issue refunds. Please verify all information (title, date, time, seat selection, etc.) before purchasing your tickets.
Subscribers may exchange tickets free of charge (quantity based on the type of subscription). Single-ticket holders may exchange for an additional fee ($5 per ticket). You may exchange tickets for another performance within the same season. There is an additional cost if seating upgrades apply. All exchange requests are subject to availability.
Ticket exchanges can be made by phone at 303-440-7666, in person Monday–Friday, 12–5 pm, at the Chautauqua Box Office, or through intermission on performance nights. The exchange must occur prior to 5 pm on the day of the concert.
In the event that a concert is canceled due to a pandemic, natural disaster, or other act of God, we will give you the option to refund your ticket or donate the amount to the Colorado Music Festival. Please note: Ticket service fees cover the cost of selling a ticket and are non-refundable.
Terms & Conditions
- Service fees apply to all ticket purchases.
- Treat e-tickets as you would any other valuable. Each ticket allows only one entry per scan. Any reissued ticket voids the validity of the original ticket.
- Youth tickets are for use only by individuals aged 18 or under. Patrons holding a Student ticket may be asked to provide current student identification.
- Using Youth or Student tickets outside of these conditions is strictly prohibited and is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
- If you are unable to use tickets for an upcoming concert, you may choose to receive a donation receipt for their value. To do this, you must speak with the box office—by email, phone, or in person—no less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled concert start time.
- Resale or attempted resale of any ticket at a higher price than face value is strictly prohibited and grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
- Cameras, recording devices, and other electronic devices are strictly prohibited.
By submitting your order you agree to these terms and conditions, which apply to all Colorado Music Festival ticket orders facilitated by the Chautauqua Box Office.
Colorado Music Festival tickets and subscriptions are sold through our venue, Chautauqua Auditorium. You can contact the box office in the following ways:
- Online: Chautauqua Box Office
- Phone: 303-440-7666
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Person: At the Chautauqua ticket kiosk located just west of Chautauqua Auditorium.
Ticket exchanges can be made in person at the Chautauqua Box Office, by phone at 303-440-7666, or through intermission on performance nights. The exchange must occur prior to 5 pm on the day of the concert. Visit the Chautauqua website for box office directions and hours.
Tips for Ticket Buyers
Chautauqua Auditorium is accessible to individuals with disabilities. Chautauqua maintains a useful list addressing accessible parking, service animals, ADA restroom facilities, assistive listening devices, and more. Please visit the Chautauqua website for more information.
Wheelchair-accessible seating is available on the south side of the hall adjacent to section AL as well as at the back of section A. To purchase, look online for the wheelchair symbol or call the Chautauqua Box Office at 303-440-7666.
Chautauqua Auditorium is not air-conditioned. We are so pleased that our charming and acoustically-unique venue was placed on the National Register of Historic Places; however, that designation limits the type of updates that can be made.
The temperature in the auditorium is managed with fans, swamp coolers (used before concerts and during intermission due to sound), and large sliding panels. Since we open and close these windows to manage the temperature, we can’t always get it perfect. We suggest bringing a jacket or sweater for evening performances, as the temperature can vary.
Remember that the orchestra is not amplified, so there is a fine balance between opening the sliding panels to manage the temperature in the venue and managing the outside noise. Both the Festival staff and the Chautauqua staff do their very best to strike this balance.
There Isn't a Bad Seat!
With the natural resonance of the Auditorium and its straightforward seating arrangement, there really isn’t a bad seat in the house.
What to Wear
You’ll see everything from shorts and sandals to khakis and button-down shirts and summer dresses, but we don’t get too fancy in Boulder. See the tip above about Temperature.
Lost & Found, Restricted Items, and More
Starting in the 2023 season, Chautauqua Dining Hall will replace grab-and-go meals with high-quality pre-ordered meals that will be essentially taken from the menu offered for seated guests at the Dining Hall. These meals will be available for pre-order through the ticketing system either when you are purchasing your tickets/subscription or closer to the concert date. Find more information at coloradomusicfestival.org/dining.
Groups of ten or more receive up to 15% off of the regular ticket price (some restrictions apply) and personal assistance with your purchase. We offer unique concert add-ons such as pre-concert discussions, boxed picnic dinners, musician meet-and-greets, and more. You can reserve your seats now and pay for your tickets in installments.