Chautauqua Auditorium is located within the historic Colorado Chautauqua at 900 Baseline Road in Boulder, Colorado. View in Google Maps >
Ride the FREE Hop 2 Chautauqua Shuttle
The Hop 2 Chautauqua service picks up at several convenient Boulder locations, drops off on Baseline Rd. at the entrance to Chautauqua, and will return you to your car after the concert. Click below for more information.
Park Near Chautauqua
Parking at Chautauqua is limited. If you drive, we suggest you allow ample time for parking your car. Outside Chautauqua’s grounds, parking is allowed on both sides of Baseline Road during summer evenings. Visit parktopark.org for parking rates and information from the City of Boulder.
A limited amount of ADA-accessible parking is available in the parking lot south of Academic Hall. For easy access to this lot, enter Chautauqua Park via 12th Street. If you are seeking ADA-accessible parking, we recommend arriving 60-90 minutes ahead of concert time on Thursdays, opening night, and the festival finale. For other evenings (Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday), arriving between 30 and 45 minutes ahead of concert time is recommended. Additional ADA access is available by parking at New Vista High School and riding the Via accessible bus to the auditorium. Visit this page for more information.
Schedule an Accessible Ride with Via Mobility Services
Patrons can schedule an accessible door-through-door ride by calling 303-444-3043 or visiting ViaColorado.org.
Take an Uber or Lyft
Order an Uber or Lyft to Chautauqua Dining Hall, then take a short walk to the Auditorium.
- Chautauqua Auditorium is accessible to individuals with disabilities. Chautauqua maintains a useful list addressing accessible parking, service animals, ADA restroom facilities, assistive listening devices, and more. Please visit the Chautauqua website for more information.
- Wheelchair-accessible seating is available on the south side of the hall adjacent to section AL as well as at the back of section A. To purchase, look online for the wheelchair symbol or call the Chautauqua Box Office at 303-440-7666.
- For guests with accessibility needs, we suggest parking at New Vista High School where an ADA-compliant vehicle (see photo above) picks up guests. This vehicle runs during inbound service only.
- A limited amount of ADA-accessible parking is available in the parking lot south of Academic Hall. For easy access to this lot, enter Chautauqua Park via 12th Street. If you are seeking ADA-accessible parking, we recommend arriving 60-90 minutes ahead of concert time on Thursdays, opening night, and the festival finale. For other evenings (Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday), arriving between 30 and 45 minutes ahead of concert time is recommended.
- Post-concert outbound pick-up for all patrons (ADA included) is in the gravel lot on the east side of the Auditorium.
Chautauqua Auditorium is not air-conditioned. We are so pleased that our charming and acoustically-unique venue was placed on the National Register of Historic Places; however, that designation limits the type of updates that can be made.
The temperature in the auditorium is managed with fans, swamp coolers (used before concerts and during intermission due to sound), and large sliding panels. Since we open and close these windows to manage the temperature, we can’t always get it perfect. We suggest bringing a jacket or sweater for evening performances, as the temperature can vary.
Remember that the orchestra is not amplified, so there is a fine balance between opening the sliding panels to manage the temperature in the venue and managing the outside noise. Both the Festival staff and the Chautauqua staff do their very best to strike this balance.
There Isn't a Bad Seat!
With the natural resonance of the Auditorium and its straightforward seating arrangement, there really isn’t a bad seat in the house.
What to Wear
You’ll see everything from shorts and sandals to khakis and button-down shirts and summer dresses, but we don’t get too fancy in Boulder. See the tip above about Temperature.
Lost & Found, Restricted Items, and More
Starting in the 2023 season, Chautauqua Dining Hall will replace grab-and-go meals with high-quality pre-ordered meals that will be essentially taken from the menu offered for seated guests at the Dining Hall. These meals will be available for pre-order through the ticketing system either when you are purchasing your tickets/subscription or closer to the concert date. Find more information at coloradomusicfestival.org/dining.