See the Orchestra in an intimate setting as they prepare for their next concert! The community is invited to attend a number of Colorado Music Festival rehearsals at Chautauqua Auditorium (900 Baseline Rd., Boulder), where you will witness a professional orchestra and visiting guest artists hard at work on stage.
Open rehearsals are free but please remember to check the schedule below because not all rehearsals are open and rehearsals are not performances so there are a few things that we ask you observe during your visit:
- The Orchestra musicians will be making final preparations for their performance so there is no guarantee that they will perform all of the works on the upcoming performance.
- Although musicians and artists may be speaking to one another on stage, it is disruptive for audience members to carry their own conversations. Please observe the same silence that you would keep for a performance.
- Please expect to remain seated during the open rehearsal. Trips in and out of the Auditorium can be disruptive to the musicians.
Open rehearsals for the 2019 Season
The Colorado Music Festival is pleased to offer the long-standing tradition of free, open to the public rehearsals on the following dates and times during the 2019 season:
- Festival (full) Orchestra Tuesdays
June 25th 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
July 2nd 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
July 9th 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
July 16th 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
July 23rd 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
July 30th 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Chamber Orchestra Fridays
June 28th 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
July 5th 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
July 12th 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
July 19th 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
July 26th 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
August 2nd 10:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
All open rehearsals take place at Chautauqua auditorium.
Please note, the rehearsal order and selection of rehearsed repertoire can vary at the discretion of the conductor. Guest artists are typically not present at open rehearsals.
Note to patrons: parking can be limited on the Chautauqua campus during weekdays for these open rehearsals. Patrons are encouraged to find parking along Baseline Road.